Saya salin resipinya di sini...
Yellow Butter Cake
by Martha Stewart
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (saya guna 1 teaspoon)
1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 9-by-2-inch round cake pans (saya guna 1 pan 9 inci sahaja); line the bottoms with parchment paper. Butter parchment, and dust with flour, tapping out excess; set aside. Into a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour; beat until combined after each addition.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans, and smooth with an offset spatula. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until cakes are golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 20 minutes. Invert cakes onto the rack; peel off the parchment. Reinvert cakes and let them cool completely, top sides up.
- Saya hanya guna 1 teaspoon vanilla extract sebab memang tinggal banyak tu sahaja di rumah..hehe..
- Memandangkan saya hanya guna satu pan, adunan dibakar lebih kurang sejam dengan suhu yang sama; 350'F (l175'C)