- 250 g lightly salted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 250 g self raising flour (i used plain flour and add 1 tsp of baking powder)
- 85 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 125 g icing sugar
- 5 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease and line a 22-cm clip-sided round cake with non-stick baking paper.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together for 4-5 minutes until very pale. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating very well between each one, if necessary adding a spoonful of flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture from curdling. Beat in the orange zest. Add the flour all at once and mix in well, then slowly mix in the orange juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean. If it starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with a sheet of lightly buttered foil.
- Leave the cake, in its tin, to cool on a wire rack, then carefully remove the sides and base of the tin and peel off the paper. Put it onto a serving plate.
Kalau tak nak buat icing tu pun dah ok dah. Dalam 3 kali buat, hanya sekali je saya buat icing tu...
Selamat mencuba! :)